Digital clock system
The modern digital clock system (exact time indication system) is a set of radio electronic and electromechanical equipment for:
- hotels, banks, commercial centers,
- stations and airports,
- large industrial sites,
- control and command centers,
- and wherever there is a need to get accurate universal time.
Digital clock equipment of buildings and streets differs by facade version of the clock face, as well as by the tolerance of temperature and weather conditions.
NIS company (Germany) is one of the leaders on the market of digital clock systems. Today it is the only company that offers the possibility to integrate a variety of clocks and actuating devices, as well as automatic conversion of winter/summer time, into their equipment.
NIS products decorate squares and streets, gardens and mini-parks, as well as official buildings in many cities of the world. Passengers of German and European railways verify their watches with the exact time indication of the NIS clocks.
Exact time indication system with corrections by satellite signals (GPS)
The system is designed to create a unified synchronized network of exact time in banks, offices, institutions, airports, metro stations and railway stations.
Exact time indication system usually consists of the following elements:
- Clock Station (main or primary clocks).
- Secondary clock (analog or digital clocks).
- Radio time signal receiver (DCF), wired channels or satellite time signal receiver (GPS).
- Antenna for receiving radio or satellite time signals.
- Amplifying and switching equipment.
Clock station is located in any technical area; a secondary clock and a display are located where it is necessary.
Automatic time correction can be carried out in accordance with the exact time signals transmitted from satellites via radio broadcasting or broadcast systems, etc. Different receivers are used in order to receive exact time signals.
Secondary clock can be analog and digital electronic one.
Analog clocks are available with a variety of electromechanical clock systems, have a variety of case shapes, types of dial plate and moving hand design, as well as its size. They are divided into clocks for outdoor (street) and indoor (for premises) use.
Electronic digital clocks are distinguished by the type of indication (LED and LCD), by color emission of indication elements, dimensions and design. Like the analog clocks, they can be outdoor (street) and indoor (for premises) use.
The variety of the produced electronic digital clocks enables displaying current time in cities located in different time zones (display of world time) along with the display of the current local time.
Additional display functions:
- Date, day of week, month, year.
- Air temperature.
- Level of background radiation.
- Half-hour or hourly strikes.
Principle of construction of the digital clock system
The management system based on the GPS signal receiver and controllers that provide generation of clock control signals make the center of this system. The clock station, in its turn, is synchronized via satellite signals of the global positioning system (GPS) or via synchronizing radio signal. The clock itself is controlled by special protocols over wires or via the radio channel.
Advantages and features of the digital clock system
The main advantage of the digital clock system is the indication of an absolutely exact time (with an error of run – 1s for 300000 years). The accuracy of signal timing is provided by cesium master clock at the Paris Bureau of Weights and Measures.
- Coordinated indications of all clocks at the site with a global universal time (UTC/GMT);
- Synchronous indication of an exact zone time in the pointer and digital formats on all clocks;
- Automatic conversion of clocks during the transition to winter/summer time;
- Automatic setting of the clock to the exact time after restoration of power or liquidation of the accident on a line;
- Automatic restoration of the correct indications of the clock at failures or during power interruption for a period of up to 1 week;
- Synchronization of the computer network in accordance with the calendar date and exact time;
- Simplicity of usage that does not require special training of the engineering personnel.